We all want the best possible smiles. We all want to look great. And we all want good oral health.
Following tooth loss, damage, or other issues that may require corrective work, often the best way to get these things is with dental implants.
No, these are not traditional dentures. Dental implants are relatively new, but are quickly becoming the option of choice for many in the southern Ocean County, NJ area, including Manahawkin, Forked River, and Barnegat. Consider these facts to see how popular these procedures are:
- About 1/4 of Americans over the age of 74 have lost all their teeth.
- Among those between the ages of 35 and 44, over 2/3 have at least one missing tooth.
- Approximately 30 million Americans are missing all their teeth in at least one jaw.
- Some 500,000 people get dental implants every year.
- Since 2006, over 5.5 million dental implants have been placed.
- About 3 million Americans have dental implants.
- The dental implant market in the United States has grown to $1 billion.
- Despite all this, a mere 10 percent of dentists perform implant procedures.
The desire for dental implants is nothing new. In fact, humans have been experimenting with implants and ways to care for our teeth for thousands of years! Take a look:
- Dental implants were being installed as far back as 600 AD.
- Dental braces are even older, dating to about 2,000 BC.
- The ancient Mayans used shell pieces to replace lost teeth.
- The Greeks spent time philosophizing on ways to straighten teeth.
- The modern toothbrush was invented about 1400 years ago in China.
Thanks to advances in dental technology, modern dental implants have taken off and are benefiting countless dental patients near Forked River, Manahawkin, and other southern Ocean County towns. Consider these facts:
- Dental implants boast a 98 percent success rate.
- Titanium alloys and other modern materials are used in dental implants.
- Dental implant surgery is painless.
- Modern dental implants have a decades’ long safety record under their belt.
- Titanium can fuse with bone, allowing implants to help stimulate bone growth.
- Modern implants will usually last your entire life.
Dental implants are about more than just cosmetic fixes, too. They have genuine benefits that can help you in several ways, including:
- They prevent jawbone loss by stimulating bone growth.
- They help you maintain your appearance, with no “sunken” jaw issues.
- Implants help you speak better because they recreate the condition your jaw should be in.
- Implants are more permanent than traditional dentures.
- Cavities are a thing of the past; dental implants cannot get them.
- They can prevent shifting of your teeth.
As you can see, dental implants are far from something to fear. Quite the opposite! They are a revolution in dental care that are here to stay. That’s why we’re proud to offer them in Barnegat, NJ!