In Hollywood, image is everything, which is why cosmetic corrections are so common among celebrities.
And sometimes the work is so good, you don’t even notice it. More famous folks than you realize have been transformed through the miracle of modern dentistry. Just ask any dentist near Manahawkin.
From household names to cult favorites, mega stars to up and comers, these are some of the famous faces who have benefited from cosmetic dental work:
- Morgan Freeman – Morgan Freeman is one of the best known voices in Hollywood, but at one time this now legendary actor may have been hindered by his crooked teeth. He had extensive work done earlier in his career to fix those issues, resulting in the winning smile he has today.
- Miley Cyrus – This popular singer and former actress didn’t get extensive work done on her teeth, but the work she did get done had a dramatic effect on her appearance. All she had was a simple straightening and teeth whitening, but that alone transformed her from an awkward teen to the provocative star she is today.
- Gary Busey – One of the quirkiest guys in Hollywood, Busey was in a motorcycle accident in 1988. The crash left his already unique teeth a wreck. Busey was able to recover from the accident and retain his distinctive look thanks to the hard work of his talented cosmetic surgeon.
- Tom Cruise – One of the most famous names in movies history became a screen icon in part thanks to cosmetic dental work. Cruise’s teeth were in bad shape in his early career – just look at The Outsiders! Since then, he has undergone several procedures, including re-alignment, teeth whitening, and maybe dental implants. That’s what has given him the billion dollar smile he has today.
- Ed Helms – You may recognize him as the toothless guy from The Hangover, but Helms’ missing tooth was not special effects or makeup. In reality, he has had dental implants for over 20 years. For the film, he had his implant temporarily removed in order to appear toothless!
- James Cosmo – You’ve seen his gritty face in blockbusters like Braveheart and The Chronicles of Narnia, though these days he’s best known as Jeor Mormont from Game of Thrones. James Cosmo once wore dentures thanks to damage stemming from an auto accident, but he later opted to switch to dental implants after finding out about their benefits. They have made a world of difference, too.
None of this is or should be a source of shame for these famed performers. Quite the opposite, actually. We are fans of these actors in no small part because of how they look on screen. Regular, non-famous people seek out dental implants and cosmetic procedures for the same reasons the famous do – for the confidence, pride and self-esteem that comes with looking and feeling your best.