There are few things more important than our smile. It is a key factor in the first impression we give people. It tells others the kind of person we are, the mood we are in, and how we look at life. Yet too many of us are afraid to embrace our smile. We are self-conscious. We don’t let our smile shine the way we should. Reasons we don’t smile as big and beautifully as we should include:
- Our teeth lose their shine with age
- We have crooked or misaligned teeth
- Years of coffee and alcohol have yellowed our teeth
- A lack of confidence
- We are miserable
The thing is, hiding your smile does you a great disservice. Your smile does more for you than you realize. In many ways, it can be your most alluring feature. Here are things your smile does for you:
- Makes you more attractive than makeup, according to a recent study
- Give people a good first impression of you
- Can brighten your own mood; the more you smile, the more you’ll want to smile
- Puts those around you in better spirits
- Boosts your confidence and self-esteem
- Gives your customers/clients the impression that you are offering great service
And that list only just begins to scratch the surface of how beneficial your smile can be for you. No matter your field, no matter your walk of life, no matter the nature of your social life, your smile is truly a BIG DEAL. Knowing that, you’ll probably consider asking your dentist in Barnegat what they can do to help you improve your smile. It’s a good question! The basics, of course, always apply:
- Brush at least twice daily
- Minimize your intake of coffee and soda
- Floss regularly
- Consider asking your dentist for a whitening treatment
But what if you already do these things? What if your issues with your smile are much bigger than something a little brushing could solve? Then you might consider some cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic procedures are easy, affordable, and can do amazing things for your appearance. Here are some of the basic procedures to know about:
Veneers – Typically made or porcelain, these are shaped to conform to your teeth and then placed over them, allowing you to restore perfect whiteness while also addressing minor straightening and “snaggletooth” issues.
Whitening – Simple, safe, fast and effective, in-office whitening treatments can greatly enhance your smile at little cost.
Composites & Implants – Intended for those who have lost teeth, this is a way to fill gaps in your mouth with a natural look. They are also used for those with unsightly dark fillings.
Straightening – One of the oldest and most common cosmetic dentistry procedures, this process is a method to (you guessed it) straighten your teeth. There are several ways to accomplish this, depending on your needs. If any of these options sound right for you, contact a dentist serving Barnegat, Manahawkin, and Forked River today for more details!Tags: dentist in Manahawkin, Forked River dentist, Manahawkin dentist, smile, white teeth