There have been many amazing advances in dental technology over the years, from braces to teeth whitening and more. Many of those scanners and machines you see used at the dentist office near Manahawkin seem like something out of a science fiction movie!
The same holds true for medicine in general. For example, the images provided by an MRI machine and the astonishing technology behind artificial hearts is truly impressive.
There have been so many big advances in modern medicine and surgery, in fact, that it’s easy to take them for granted.
For instance, there is one big leap forward in dental technology that you probably see every day of your life without even realizing you’re seeing it. This dental technology that has improved countless lives, offered people a greater sense of self-confidence, and improved their overall health. Despite this, you probably don’t even realize it exists.
We’re talking about dental implants, and they are more amazing than you realize.
How amazing? Check out these facts offered by your local dentist near Forked River:
- Dental braces date all the way back to about 2,000 BC.
- More advanced dental implants date back to at least 600 AD.
- The Mayans in pre-Colombian South America used pieces of shell to replace lost teeth.
- The ancient Greeks often thought about better ways to straighten their teeth or replace lost teeth.
- We’ve been brushing our teeth for thousands of years, but the modern bristle toothbrush was “only” invented in China around the year 600 – about 1,400 years ago!
- Over two thirds of Americans between the ages of 35 and 44 suffer from having at least one missing tooth.
- About 25 percent of people in the United States over the age of 74 have lost all their teeth.
- About 30 million people in the United States are missing ALL their teeth in at least one jaw.
- Every single year, round 500,000 people get dental implants to help improve their quality of life
- More than 5.5 million dental implants have been provided to patients in America through the year 2006.
- These days, dental implants are proven to be safe, and have a long safety record under their belt that goes back decades
- Modern dental implants are generally made of highly durable titanium.
- Strange as it sounds, titanium can actually fuse with bone. That means that implants can help stimulate bone growth.
- Believe it or not, it’s impossible to get a cavity in a modern dental implant!
- Dental implants have a well documented success rate that reaches 98%.
- In most cases, modern dental implants will last your entire life.
Pretty impressive stuff, isn’t it! In fact, the market for dental implants has eclipsed $1 billion a year. It continues to grow today, too.
If you are missing teeth or have other issues that may require dental implants, see your dentist near Forked River for details on how this can be addressed. It’s surprisingly common, surprisingly easy, and will give you a surprisingly improved quality of life.